Law Offices of sam h. jessee, p.c.

Wills and Estates, Estate Administration, Personal Injury, General Civil Litigation

probate and estate administration

Established estate planning law firms help representatives maximize the value of an estate in probate or other administration processes. At the Law Offices of Sam H. Jessee, P.C., I guide individuals in Pennsylvania through confident and efficient probate and estate administration.

I provide sound legal guidance to my clients who serve as executors or administrators. If you have been appointed to either position, I will help you avoid personal liability for losses in the value of estate assets due to errors or misconduct. I will also assist you in accurately and completely complying with all aspects of estate administration.

Probate refers to the court process of validating a will so an executor can implement the decedent’s wishes. It may also refer to the oversight the court provides for an estate administrator who settles an intestate estate when the decedent left no will.

To complete the process of settling an estate, I may help executors with the following tasks:

  • Getting court approval as estate administrator and posting bond
  • Filing the will with the appropriate probate court
  • Locating beneficiaries
  • Finding and assembling assets
  • Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
  • Hiring valuation, genealogy, or other experts, when appropriate
  • Paying creditors and claimants
  • Collecting amounts owed to the estate
  • Paying current and delinquent taxes as well as estate taxes
  • Distributing property to beneficiaries

In distributing a decedent’s property, there must be an executor or administrator managing and overseeing the process. When your deceased loved one did not leave behind a will or establish another means of wealth transfer, the most willing and capable family member must seek court approval to act as the personal representative of the estate.

At the Law Offices of Sam H. Jessee, P.C., I help qualified individuals obtain the status of estate executors or administrators. My goal is for you to settle your departed loved one’s estate as efficiently, quickly, and easily as possible.


personal injury / auto accidents

When you have been involved in an automobile accident, your life is never the same. You may deal with extensive injuries, a damaged vehicle, lost wages, and a mountain of medical bills. If another person or entity was responsible for your accident, then you may be entitled to compensation. Count on the Law Offices of Sam H. Jessee, P.C. to help you fight for the justice you deserve.

In Pennsylvania, you must file a lawsuit within two years of the automobile accident to recover damages from the party responsible. If your case is successful, you may be able to receive compensation for the following:

  • Medical Bills Related to the Accident
  • Ongoing Medical Care
  • Lost Wages
  • Property Damage
  • Pain and Suffering

The exact amount of money you can recover depends on the nature of the accident, the discretion of the court, and other factors.

Did you know that in an automobile accident, you can proceed alone in filing a claim against the party responsible? However, it is best practice to hire an attorney who has expertise in representing clients involved in car accidents. At the Law Offices of Sam H. Jessee, P.C, I understand how these proceedings work and can help you build the strongest possible case against the person or company responsible for your accident.

As your legal representative, I will assist you in collecting evidence, finding witnesses, and preparing your case for trial. I will also help you evaluate any settlement offers you may receive during the case. If the case goes to trial, I will fight aggressively on your behalf from start to finish.

Contact the Law Offices of Sam H. Jessee, P.C.

The Law Offices of Sam H. Jessee represents individuals in matters relating to wills, estates, estate administration, personal injury, and general civil litigation. Get in touch with me today to schedule a consultation or to learn more about your legal questions.